Canada Pension Plan Benefits from the Government of Canada
- Disclaimer from Foster & McGarvey Funeral Homes
- How to obtain an information package and applications
- How do I contact the nearest Canada Pension Plan office?
- Can I mail the completed application(s)?
- Can I visit a Canada Pension Plan office and make application in person?
- What information/documents will I have to provide?
Frequently Asked Questions:
To download and print PDF files, you need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
To download and print PDF files, you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
- How to apply for Canada Pension Plan Death Benefit and Application (ISP-1200-A-00E & ISP-1200-05-04E)
- How to apply for the Canada Pension Plan Survivor's Pension and Child(ren) 's Benefit(s) and Application (ISP-1300-A-00E & ISP-1300-00E)
- Declaration of Attendance at School or University, Canada Pension Plan (ISP -1401)
- Canada Pension Plan Notification of Death Form (ISP - 1201)
- Additional forms and applications from Social Development Canada
Disclaimer: Foster & McGarvey Funeral Homes provides general information concerning the benefits available to survivors through the Government of Canada. We do attempt to update information whenever possible; however because information, requirements and forms are subject to change without direct notice, we cannot guarantee that all information and forms listed on our site is current and/or accurate.
If you have any questions or concerns we encourage you to contact the Department of Human Resources-Development Canada (Canada Pension) directly at 1800-277-9914 or visit them online by clicking here.
Thank you from Foster & McGarvey Funeral Homes
Foster & McGarvey Funeral Homes provides the families who entrust their loved one's funeral arrangements to our care with a package that contains important documents required to apply for Canada Pension Plan Benefits. This package will either be given to you in the Foster & McGarvey portfolio case the day of the funeral service or, if you are meeting with a Family Care Counsellor, during your scheduled appointment.
If you cannot locate and/or require an additional information package, please contact us. If you wish to obtain the information online, the links above under Forms will guide you to the relevant page on Canada Pension Plan's site.
P.O. Box 2710 Main Station
By phone and/or in person:
- Funeral Directors Statement of Death (obtained from Foster & McGarvey Funeral Homes)
- Deceased's birth certificate
- Birth certificate of person(s) making the application
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Proof that the deceased contributed to the Canada Pension Plan (e.g., pay stubs; T4 slips)
Foster & McGarvey Funeral Homes strongly encourages you to contact Canada Pension Plan directly concerning the information/documents required for your own particular circumstances.